Safe to use in baby's bath, children's bath, & adult baths. Only use a small amount (see below.) If you are bathing your baby with a small amount of water, just a pinch of vitamin C powder will help. More is not better in this situation.
How does it work? It's simple chemistry. The chlorine in your water wants to react with something to make a more stable compound. That's why leaving your water to stand for 24 hours tends to remove most of the chlorine. Not helpful if you want to bathe.
The salt form of the vitamin C essentially takes the hand of the chlorine and "calms it down" to a stable salt (NaCl.) The rest of the vitamin C (dehydroascorbic acid) remains in the water. It is harmless.
But who wants a salt bath? It's a minuscule amount of salt and the water remains neutral. You only need 1/8th of a teaspoon (or 1/2 a gram) to neutralise a child size bath. Honest. This 50 gram pottle is enough to neutralise the chlorine in 100 kid sized baths. A larger bath needs 1/4 of a teaspoon max. More is not necessary and is just a waste of product. You will notice the chlorine smell leaves right away. It's quite fascinating.
For those who are interested, here is the chemical reaction (Sodium ascorbate + free chlorine creates dehydroascorbic acid + salt + water): C5H5O5CH2ONa + HOCL → C5H3O5CH2OH + NaCl + H2O
There will be a quiz later.
Food grade sodium ascorbate.
No other additives.
Free from gluten, eggs, dairy, animal products.